Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Memorabilia

This is a quick post on a wedding memorabilia craft I made this week. My grandma loves garage/estate sales and loves a good bargain (much like me). She's always looking for things that I can redo because she knows that I can't get enough of it. She found a shadow box (it came from somewhere like Kirklands I presume) with glass purses in it for $1 and knew that I would love to rip it apart and recreate it. And that I did! For about 2 weeks I thought about what I wanted to do with it. I searched Pinterest up and down looking for a shadow box idea that I liked, but I couldn't find one. Then I had an idea!! I recently made a first dance craft so why not make a father-daughter mother-son dance craft? This is actually an idea that I came up with on my own. 

Here's the before and after:

I painted brown streaks on the white frame to make it more interesting. I decorated it using scrapbook paper, buttons, pictures, and rolled fabric flowers. I wrote "How sweet it is to be loved by you" on little pieces of paper and ripped around the sides to give it more character. I just love that song. You can never go wrong with James Taylor.


It was a lot of fun to make and I love how it turned out.

Here are some other wedding memorabilia crafts I've made:





I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment