Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Deep Cleaning Bathrooms: Grout & Toilets

This weekend I decided that it was time for a mini bathroom makeover. This house is pretty old and no matter how hard I cleaned the grout in that bathroom, it didn't look clean! I saw something on Pinterest that I thought would solve the problem AND IT DID! The magical substance is called Grout Refresh. I got it at Lowes for about $11. I got 3 bottles and used half of 1, so I took the others back. It pretty much dyes the grout a different color. I put it to use on the bathroom floor and in the shower.



This shower has a terrible mold problem. No matter how much bleach I use I can't get it clean!!! The grout in the shower has been dyed black in places and it just looks disgusting. The Grout Refresh covered it up perfectly and it looks like a different shower. Now when I clean it it actually LOOKS clean too!

Here are some more before pics (YUCK):



Here are some during pictures. I applied it with an old toothbrush and it worked perfectly.



And more after!!





The next thing to tackle in that bathroom was the toilet. It had the hardest rust stains that I haven't been able to get rid of for years. I decided that the time had come for me to do something about it. So I turned to Pinterest!

The thing that worked best by far was orange Koolaid. Weird I know!! I sprinkled orange Koolaid packets (5 for $1) on the toilet bowl and left it for a while. After that I used baking soda and vinegar that helped even more! I also rubbed a lemon up in the bowl. Each thing made it better and better and it finally worked!!!! I never knew I could get so excited about a toilet...kind of embarrassing.


And now you've seen a nasty picture of my toilet so I feel like we know each other on another level.

Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment