Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lettuce Wraps, Yummy Pasta, & Oreo Puddin Poke Cake

This past weekend Matt made me dinner!! It was SO yummy. I think that he should make me dinner more often, personally. He's such a good little cook! He made me Ginger Cashew Lettuce Wraps.  We had them at our Grace Groups a few months ago and they gave us the recipe and I can't believe it took us so long to make them. I will say that it requires a LOT of ingredients. We got all of these things at Super Lo (our local grocery store in East Memphis).


Ginger Cashew Lettuce Wraps

For the Ginger Sauce:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1/2 cup extra light olive oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tsp dark sesame oil
1 Tsp chili paste

For the Wraps:
1 lb ground turkey (we used ground beef)
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, diced small
1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
1 head Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and tough ends trimmed off

Preparation Instructions:
For the ginger sauce:
In a bowl or large jar, add in the minced ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, oil, honey, sesame oil, and chili paste.  Shake well to combine all ingredients. Shake well to combine all ingredients.
For the wraps:
Cook ground turkey (or beef) until done. Add in the carrots, water chestnuts and cashews, cook for 5-8 minutes. Pour in the jarred sauce and stir. bring it to a bubble, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.





So my friend Mary Lyn and I love Pinterest (I know you already knew that about me) and we started getting together and cooking delicious goodies that we find there. Last time we made chicken pillows and this time we made Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Parmesan Pasta. IT WAS SO GOOD! Here's the recipe:



The next thing we made was literally one of the most delicious things I've ever helped create. I know I say that a lot, but this is seriously so yummy. Oh my goodness. I'm eating some it right now as I type this, in fact. It's called Oreo Puddin Poke Cake. And it's so easy to make!!!!!!







I can't get over how delicious it is. It should definitely move to your number one spot on your "must make ASAP" list. 

Anyways, hope yall enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment