Friday, November 25, 2011

Cheesecake Strawberries, Cinnamon Roll Cake, Apple Pies, & Cupcakes

It's Thanksgiving!!! So...what does that mean?? DELICIOUS GOODIES TO BE HAD BY ALL!! Here are a few goodies that I made:

First, I made cheesecake-filled strawberries. They were so easy to make and so delicious! I got the recipe here:



Next, I made Cinnamon Roll Cake...yes, cinnamon roll CAKE. Does it sound as delicious to you as it does to me? It was also so easy to make. Here's where I got the recipe:




Third, I made mini apple pies IN the apples. Sounds like a great idea, right? Yeah...way easier said than done. Everything was lookin good until they got to cookin. They didn't turn out as cute as they were supposed to. Here's the link to the recipe:


The lady who made this recipe lives somewhere where they speak Portguese so some things are a little different.  I found out that 100 grams is equal to 6-6.5 tbsp...you'll need to know that when measuring butter. Having that said, here are a few pictures of my process:





 This is a messy job

 Don't forget to feed your pup apple scraps...well your parent's pup who is visiting while they're out of town!



They look great here...but that's right before things kinda started going downhill......oh yeah, and my kitchen filled with smoke when I set them on parchment paper and put them in the oven...no big deal. I decided the best decision after that was to remove the paper and cook them directly on the cookie sheet.


 The skin like melted off onto the pan...weird

Ta Da!! They look better in this cute dish because you can't really see what they look like.

Here are 2 other goodies I made for my cake business!

Chester here was my inspiration (he replaced our beloved Edith on our dining room table after she went home to be with the Lord)!





I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I encourage everyone to thank God for the many blessings you've had this year and even throughout your life. Thanksgiving isn't about the delicious goodies, although unfortunately we've made it the main focus. Thanksgiving is about thanking God for what He has given to us (wondeful husband and family, friends, a home, delicious goodies, crafts, precious pups, clothing, opportunity to get a college degree, opportunity to freely worship God in a wonderful country, etc)..those are just a few things that I'm thankful for and I don't deserve ANY of them. They are all gifts from my wonderful, precious God and HE is who I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving and every day of the year.

Having that said, we can now officially transition to THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!! Bring on the cranberries, garland, trees, ornaments, lights, tinsel, ribbon, bells, holly, wreaths, Christmas crafts, and most importanty, the celebration of the greatest gift of all! JESUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment