Monday, November 5, 2018

Halloween in Neverland!

But, Peter, how do we get to Never Land?
Fly, of course!

I had so much fun putting together our costumes this year. They were very low key but still had a few personal touches. We were Wendy, Mr Smee, Tinker Bell and Peter Pan.


My costume was super simple. I found this basic blue dress on Zulily for like $15. I just added some navy ribbon around my waist and in my hair and that's that!

I was going to make Matt Captain Hook but decided to give him a comfortable costume this year that he can enjoy himself in. I usually make him wear something super uncomfortable (lol sorry Matt) but I think I made it up to him this year. So instead I went with Mr Smee. I got the chambray shorts and striped t-shirt from OldNavy.com and red beanie from Ebay.

I started making Presley's Tinker Bell costume but I just didn't like it. I then went to a consignment sale and came across this costume. It's an authentic Disney costume but it was still $25, which is way more than I usually spend on one thing. Especially at consignment. BUT THEN I accidentally pressed a button and the wings lit up! SOLD! It reminds me of Disney's Electrical Parade (RIP) and Pres just loved it. The wings also glow in the dark sooo basically I just wish it was in my size.


Last is my cute little Peter Pan. 

This was my Bud last year. Just 2 days away from me giving birth.


But this year I was so happy to have him in my arms and not in my huge belly.


For his costume I made him a little hat out of green felt and a red feather (found this tutorial online. Google it). I got the green t-shirt at Hobby Lobby and just cut it up a little bit to look like Peter Pan. I tied a brown grosgrain ribbon around his wait and attached a little felt sword I sewed for him to it. I got his leggings in the baby girl department on OldNavy.com. I lucked out and found his brown moccasins at a consignment sale.

Although it was rainy this year we still got some good trick or treating in between showers and Pres had a great time. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I always look forward to coming up with costumes for my little fam. 

All you need is faith and trust...and a little bit of pixie dust!

Can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment