Monday, April 30, 2012

Nutella Yogurt Dip, Pina Coladas and Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken

Well, today I woke up and went to school to take my very last final for the semester. That's right, I'm finally a SENIOR!! I seriously cannot wait to graduate next year. I've had Senioritis since my Freshman year. Don't get me wrong, I love learning, but I like learning what I want when I want. I have a great school and I am SO thankful that God gave me the opportunity to get an education. I'm just ready to be done and move on with my life with Matt so that I can get a job and eventually have babies and start a whole new chapter.   

Anyways, I finished my final around 12:30 and what did I do? I went straight to the grocery store to buy my supplies. It's summer break! There are so many things I need to do...well, want to do! This is my first Pinteresting summer so I'm sure it will be FULL of crafts, delicious goodies, extreme organization, and redecoration.  I had to get a start on it right away!

First, I made this Nutella and Greek yogurt fruit dip. It is DELICIOUS!! I could eat it with a spoon.  It also takes appx 2 minutes to make.

1/2 cup Nutella + 1 cup nonfat, plain greek yogurt

I used the Kroger brand Nutella and I almost like it more.  It was also way cheaper.  The greek yogurt was on sale too! I just added the Nutella to the yogurt and stirred it up! It tastes amazing with fresh Pineapple.



I then decided to treat myself to another delicious goodie: a Pina Colada smoothie! There's no alcohol in it so it's kid friendly too! The whole time I was making it I couldn't get the Pina Colada song out of my head!

Here's the link to the recipe:



 This awesome Pineapple slicer came from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's so cool!




Yummmmm!!

For dinner I decided to make lemon brown sugar chicken. I loved it! It's the perfect balance of sweet and sour. 

Here's the link to the recipe:








Pair it with some broccoli and you have a delicious meal! 

I also made Brazilian cheesy rolls but I couldn't find Tapioca flour at Kroger and had to use regular flour.  I don't think they came out right. I didn't like them much. Cheesy rolls from Texas de Brazil are possibly my favorite food on this planet...no lie. I don't know what it is about them. I must perfect this recipe.  I'll keep my eye out for Tapioca flour in the future.  

Anyhoo, stay tuned for my future projects this summer! 

Follow me on Pinterest here:

No comments:

Post a Comment