Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mini House Makeover: Painted Shutters

One of the first things I wanted to do this summer was paint my shutters. I've been dying to do this for the past 2 years and I finally just woke up one morning and said "today is the day". I went to The Home Depot, got my color, and did my thing. I picked a nice mossy green because I wanted it to stand out. I was so sick of the original black ones. They were so...boring. I think things to be interesting. 

Here's a before picture:


Painting them was not as easy as I imagined. I got my husband to remove them for me and I painted them on my back patio. There were so many crevices and things! It took FOREVER!!! I didn't use the paint and primer in one like I should have. I decided to save some money and go with a cheaper paint. It definitely didn't cover as well. I did 2 coats and went back and touched up the 3rd time. 


Once they dried and Matt hung them back up I was amazed at the difference!! It looks like a new house! I'm so in love with them (but not in a creepy way).


I also spent a day not long after I painted the shutters to mulch the beds and plant a few flowers. Here are some pics!





I also bought an "H" at Michaels and hot glued it into the middle of my metal flower that I bought at the Germantown Festival last year!


Here are some pics of our backyard!




My husband and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary next week in San Francisco and I could NOT be more excited about it. We will be there for a whole week. When I return I will work more on my mom's house and give you a blog update on it. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment